This page provides the details of the flu vaccination elearning modules that are included on the GM Flu Vaccination Passport. When you have completed an elearning module you can upload your elearning certificate to your GM Flu Vaccination Passport.
New to vaccination or returning to vaccination
General immunisation and vaccination annual update training can be accessed at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Catalogue/Index?HierarchyId=0_39333&programmeId=39333.
- National Immunisation Policy and Programmes https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/482965 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513777
- Immunology https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/482914 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513783
- Communicating with Patients, Parents and Carers https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513786
- Legal Aspects e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/501994 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513905
- Vaccine Storage e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513908 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513911
- Vaccine Administration e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513914 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513917
- GM COVID-19 vaccination training webinar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdgANxroTIQ
Flu vaccine specific
- Core Knowledge for Flu Immunisers e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/405274 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/405271
- Inactivated Flu Vaccines e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/405286 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/405289
- Live Flu Vaccine e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/405292 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/405295
- An Introduction to Anaphylaxis e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/LearningContent/Launch/675634
- Recognising and Managing Anaphylaxis e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/LearningContent/Launch/429354
Basic adult and paediatric life support
Please complete the face to face basic life support and immediate life support training arranged by your employer. In addition the following elearning modules may be helpful.
- Resuscitation – Level 2 e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/544101
- Resus Council UK: Paediatric Out-of-Hospital Basic Life Support Algorithm 2021 https://www.resus.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-04/Paediatric%20Out%20of%20Hospital%20Basic%20Life%20Support%20Algorithm%202021.pdf
- NHS guidance on causes and symptoms of fainting, how to prevent fainting and what to do if someone faints https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fainting
- St John Ambulance guidance and video on the causes, symptoms and treatment of fainting https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/unresponsive-casualty/fainting
- NHS video: How to put someone in the recovery position https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQePNmR66w
Flu Vaccination competency assessment
The flu vaccinator competency assessment tool can be used as a self-assessment tool, an assessment tool for use with a supervisor or both depending on the previous experience of the vaccinator. Please complete the self-assessment column and then, if you are new to vaccination or returning to vaccination after a prolonged interval, share it with your supervisor/assessor. The supervisor assessing the immuniser must be a registered healthcare practitioner who is competent and experienced in delivering immunisations.