Seasonal flu vaccination remains a critically important public health intervention. A key priority for the 2023 to 2024 flu season is to reduce morbidity, mortality and hospitalisation associated with flu at a time when the NHS and social care will be managing winter pressures whilst continuing to recover from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please register with this website and record the details of your flu vaccination update training on your GM Immunisation and Vaccination Passport to support the Greater Manchester Flu Vaccination Programme for 2023/24.
Please read the Flu immunisation training recommendations and the summary of training requirements by workforce group for flu vaccination for the 2023 to 2024 flu season.
Register with this website at https://gmprimarycare.org.uk/register to join the workforce to support the Greater Manchester Primary Care vaccination programme.
The Greater Machester Flu vaccination update training webinar took place on the 12th September 2023. It forms an integral part of the 2023/24 Greater Manchester flu vaccination programme.
Please note that if you attended this webinar you will receive a copy of your attendance certificate by email. If you watch a recording of the webinar please follow the steps below to obtain your certificate.
- Log in to your Immunisation and Vaccination Passport
- Under the section labelled ‘Immunisation and vaccination training’ click the link labelled ‘Edit your immunisation and vaccination training’
- Select Yes if you want to be part of the GM Flu Vaccination Programme administering the flu vaccine to reveal the flu vaccination fields as shown below
- Select Yes if you attended the flu vaccination update training webinar on 12/09/2023 or watched a recording of it
- Enter the date when you attended or watched the webinar
- Click the Update button
- Within 24 hours your flu vaccination webinar certificate will be uploaded to your passport
- National flu immunisation programme 2023-24 letter
- Flu immunisation training recommendations
- Summary of training requirements by workforce group for flu vaccination
- Information for healthcare practitioners
- Inactivated influenza Patient Group Direction
- Live attenuated influenza vaccine nasal spray suspension (LAIV) Patient Group Direction
- Flu vaccines poster
- Green Book Influenza chapter
- Watch recordings from the GM flu vaccination update training webinar
- GM Immunisation and Vaccination Passport
- Flu vaccination elearning modules
FAQs about administering the flu vaccine
Your GM Immunisation and Vaccination Passport is an ongoing digital record of the immunisation and vaccination training that you have completed.
You should complete update training every 12 months and upload evidence to your GM Immunisation and Vaccination Passport.
The elearning covers the legal aspects of administering vaccines, vacine administration and storage. It also includes flu vaccine specific, anaphylaxis and basic adult and paediatric life support training.
Access your passport
If you need to change your password so that you can log in please visit https://bit.ly/gm-pc-new-password and enter your email address. You will receive an email message with instructions on how to reset your password. You may need to check your junk mail folder.
If you are unable to reset your password email email@example.com and request a manual reset.