This page provides the details of the COVID-19 vaccination training products that are included on the GM COVID-19 clinical skills assessment and GM COVID-19 Vaccination Passport.
- Legal Aspects e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/501994 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513905
- Vaccine Storage e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513908 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513911
- Vaccine Administration e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513914 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/513917
- GM COVID-19 vaccination training webinar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdgANxroTIQ
Covid-19 vaccine specific
- Core Knowledge for COVID-19 Vaccinators elearning https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/674790 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/674677
- COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty bivalent 15/15) elearning https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/678461 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/678465
- COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty 10 micrograms/dose) elearning https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/744408 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/744408
- COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna (SpikeVax Original and Spikevax Bivalent) elearning https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/698074 and the accompanying assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/698081
- Sanofi COVID-19 Vaccine (VidPrevtyn® Beta) elearning https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/808768 and the accompany assessment https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/808771
- Clinical teams should familiarise themselves with the information in the green book (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-the-green-book-chapter-14a), the JCVI recommendations (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-the-green-book-chapter-14a) on the use of Moderna mRNA (SpikeVax®) vaccine as well as the summary of product characteristics.
- An Introduction to Anaphylaxis e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/LearningContent/Launch/675634.
- Recognising and Managing Anaphylaxis e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/LearningContent/Launch/429354.
Basic adult and paediatric life support
- Resuscitation – Level 2 e-learning module at https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/544101
- Resus Council UK: Paediatric Out-of-Hospital Basic Life Support Algorithm 2021 https://www.resus.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-04/Paediatric%20Out%20of%20Hospital%20Basic%20Life%20Support%20Algorithm%202021.pdf
- PHE COVID-19: Guidance for First Responders https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-interim-guidance-for-first-responders/interim-guidance-for-first-responders-and-others-in-close-contact-with-symptomatic-people-with-potential-2019-ncov
- NHS guidance on causes and symptoms of fainting, how to prevent fainting and what to do if someone faints https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fainting
- St John Ambulance guidance and video on the causes, symptoms and treatment of fainting https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/unresponsive-casualty/fainting
- NHS video: How to put someone in the recovery position https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQePNmR66w
Basic life support training and use of an AED
Community CPR in the COVID-19 world webinar at https://elearning.rcgp.org.uk/mod/page/view.php?id=11603. The webinar considers how CPR should be conducted in a community setting by healthcare professionals. This training is optional and in addition to Basic adult and paediatric life support training.
Statutory and mandatory training
- Data Security Awareness – Level 1 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/544107
- Data Security Awareness Survey https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/544146
- Equality and Diversity and Human Rights – Level 1 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/613714
- Infection Prevention and Control – Level 1 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/613536
- Infection Prevention and Control – Level 2 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/610781
- Safeguarding Adults – Level 1 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/544210
- Safeguarding Adults – Level 2 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/397568
- Safeguarding Children – Level 1 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/613643
- Safeguarding Children – Level 2 https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/544191
- Safeguarding Children – Level 3 (if vaccinating children) https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/Component/Details/391100
COVID-19 vaccine(s) and administering under the National Protocol
Face to face training amalgamated with COVID-19 specific training, using the Public Health England (PHE) slide set and other supportive materials at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/covid-19-vaccination-programme.
COVID-19 vaccinator competency assessment
Face to face training at a local training pod site to be completed using the COVID-19 vaccinator competency assessment https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccinator-competency-assessment-tool